Why does my hair not like coconut oil?

Coconut oil, as you know is the most popular oil for hair and skin care, and I really can't deny the countless benefits of coconut oil. This is probably the main reason why I used coconut oil as a hair mask before washing it every time, as an attempt to nourish my hair and strengthen its follicles. At first, it was great but time and time again, there was always something uncomfortable with the feel of my hair. I even kept lying to myself and saying, what does that mean, it's definitely not coconut oil, everyone praises it and most of my girlfriends talk about its magical effect on their hair, how can it not work for me, even at first it was great
coconut milk

35 benefits of coconut oil

Well, I'll give my hair a chance again, or maybe more than once. But I finally found out, my hair doesn't like coconut oil but why? Here I began a long search journey, which each time ended in failure, and came to one sentence, coconut oil is great for all types of hair, so where is the problem. To answer this question, I had to go through several stages, which I will explain to you in the following points...

First, why does everyone recommend coconut oil for hair care?

1- Coconut oil has the ability to penetrate into the hair shaft very easily, due to its low molecular size. 2- Coconut oil contains la uric acid which is high in hair proteins.

3- Coconut oil works to reduce hair loss of a large proportion of proteins when used as a mask before washing hair or as a paint on washed hair.

4- Coconut oil works to strengthen hair, since the protein it contains is an essential component of hair health and strength. Second, which hair types is coconut oil suitable for? Coconut oil is suitable for all types of hair, whether it is fine or medium hair, or light or curly hair. In any case, it will nourish the hair, strengthen its follicles and help moisturize it. So, why doesn't my hair like coconut oil?

 Despite what I mentioned above, it seems natural that my hair doesn't like coconut oil and maybe yours too, and the reason is, I have Dry, frizzy hair! Yes, I know I mentioned it works great with this type of hair, but that's only for the beginning! What? Just in the beginning, no one told us that. This was the surprise that I discovered during my research trip. For dry and curly hair, the effect of coconut oil varies gradually with the frequency of its use, until the hair hates it and refuses to accept its benefits. 

Coconut oil turns from a nourishing and fortifying element to the hair, to an enemy that destroys it and loses its luster, and even increases the dullness and dryness of the hair. This is due to the accumulation of proteins on the surface of the hair and not being fully absorbed, and thus the bristles lose their elasticity and break when styling, and this is exactly what happened with my hair. Is the solution to stop using coconut oil on dry and frizzy hair completely? 

Yes, I am telling you with certainty and experience, it is time to stop using coconut oil completely. If something similar happens to you, as it did to me, don't panic.. You can replace it with any other oil you like, for example, I tried replacing it with jojoba oil as a hair mask, and it was very effective, and gave me the moisture I was looking for. 

Sometimes, I mix equal amounts of jojoba oil and sweet almond oil, and also I get a great result. A friend of mine, who also had a similar experience, told me that she replaced coconut oil with coconut milk, after reading about it and knowing it was a great alternative. It gives the hair more fatty acids with the moisture it lacks, and it also nourishes and moisturizes your hair, without causing excess or build up of proteins. Finally, if you feel with your continued use of coconut oil that your hair is not feeling well and feels good. 

It's no longer in perfect shape, so you don't have to force yourself to stick to a coconut oil mask because it's good for all hair types. Maybe it's time to stop listening to what your hair is trying to tell you, stop using it and replace it with something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment